Saturday 25 October 2014

Beauty // The Body Shop All-In-One InstaBlur Primer Review

The Body Shop InstaBlur Primer


Primers are something I have always been slightly dubious of - there are certain products that burst onto the beauty market from no where and have probably been dreamed up by clever marketing heads to convince girls there is yet another product they need to add to their make-up regimen. I do stand by the fact that a decent foundation that is right for your skin tone and type should last all day anyway, without the need of a primer. That being said, The Body Shop's InstaBlur has received such a buzz online that, when a 50% off a £50 spend offer popped into my inbox, I couldn't resist adding it to by bag. And I love it! The reason this stands out above, say, Clinique's Superprimer or Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer, is that it actually smooths and blurs the appearance of pores, lines and imperfections. All other primers I have tried rely heavily on the foundation you apply over the top to actually change the appearance of your skin, but The Body Shop's InstaBlur creates enough of a flawless finish to be worn alone. While I can't say it helps my favourite Chanel Perfection Lumière stay on longer, it certainly creates a more flawless finish. The price tag at £16 is reasonable as well, especially as there are always offers to be had at The Body Shop. 

 Believe the hype! 

 - R -

No comments:

Post a Comment