Monday 10 November 2014

Beauty // Beach Waves: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray vs Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray + Lee Stafford Curling Tongs

Girl Crush! Elle Ferguson - They All Hate Us

Lee Stafford's Jumbo Lazy Curl and Nourish curling wand

Lee Stafford's Jumbo Lazy Curl and Nourish curling wand

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I make no secret of the fact I am OBSESSED with all things Elle Ferguson (one half of They All Hate Us, and a flawless casual-chic babe). The main source of my obsession, despite her on-point use of a denim short and serious Chanel wardrobe, is her HAIR. She has absolutely nailed the beachy done-but-not-done wave. A look I have been trying to emulate since the age of 12.

Over the years, I have honed my toolkit to achieve (while never matching the flawless Elle) something close to this look. One budget-friendly find has been Lee Stafford's Jumbo Lazy Curl and Nourish curling wand - which comes in at only £29.99 with fantastic results - and is hands down the best curling wand I have ever owned. Another staple is Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, and having (until 9 months ago) worked in the beauty industry, I had a healthy supply of this hair-whisperer on tap at highly discounted prices. A move into fashion has meant my source has dried up and I am now faced with the £21.50 price tag for a 125ml bottle I blast through in a month. Always ready to try something new, I am giving Toni&Guy's Casual Sea Salt Spray a whirl. I  have seen it all over the bblogger-sphere and I am expecting big things!

Watch this space!

-R-

No comments:

Post a Comment