Thursday 20 November 2014

Beauty // Bleached - Bleach London Review








I've been rocking something like a sun-kissed dip-dye since the mid-00s (get me), and so when I first heard about Bleach London setting up in Topshop Oxford Circus way back in 2011, I was first in line. Now, I wouldn't consider going anywhere else for a colour. Who better to execute an ombre than the guys who pretty much invented it right? I really hate the not-so-chic block two-tone colour you see an awful lot of now dip-dyes have had their day, however Bleach achieve that perfect last-years-sun look, and the key is all in the blending. On my last visit, the lovely Beth spent an hour perfectly positioning the bleach with a complex system of backcombing and the result is perfect subtle lightening of the ends without ever actually detecting anything like a line. I am not one for perfect hair, the messier the better in my book (am I the only person who likes the odd split end?!), and I feel ombre lends it's self well to bed-head. LOVE.

Now to try their (not so) new range of prods in Boots...

-R-

No comments:

Post a Comment